Saturday, May 15, 2010

Howl - Full of Hell













“RAHHH”

~ Howl - Asherah / Jezebel

Yes, yes, oh god yes. I’ve been feeling lately that new music is becoming a little too polite, calm, and lacking surprise. Kind of like a couples-only dinner party, red wine, awkward eating, and talking about whatever the new Susan Boyle is (right now it’s Betty White. Aww, she’s old, and was on way past her old people bedtime, she’ll miss her morning walks now boo, boring). But, 2010 is doing something sweet, and that’s a resurgence in super badass music. Super heavy, grimy, slag off music. “ High on Fire, Bison B.C., and now Howl are all doing it, (music not fucking).

One, how sweet of a name is Howl. Why hasn’t it been used before? WTF fuck metal? Two, look at that album cover. I want a tattoo of that on my face. Now I’m not a total metalhead. I find a lot of it hilarious at how serious someone can be, looking at you death metal. And the Trivum, As I Lay Dying shit needs to stop, it’s lame. There’s no singing in metal. Knock it off assholes.

But, Howl doesn’t do that is super loud Black Sabbathy music with nothing but screaming over top. Not a single sung lyric on the damn thing and that’s just fine. It’s a breeze to listen too and seriously makes me want to Russell Crowe ‘fighting around the world.’ Even on a Tuesday morning I was picking fights at the office copy machine, ‘no my job ISN’T done what of it.’ Sludgy, heavy, and awesome music. That’s what Howl gave us and we should be thankful.

~SR

4 out of 5 Broken Bottles To The Head

Album Out Now

Listen

Apparently the Full Fucking Thing Is Streaming Here


No comments:

Post a Comment